Lord's Bushes and Knighton Wood
131ac/53ha SSSI (part)
Grid ref: TQ 413 935 (click for o/s map)
Mouse over links for pictures; click for detail page.
Lord's Bushes has many veteran oak and hornbeam pollards and many beech trees as well. Knighton Wood to the south-west was owned and landscaped by E N Buxton, once a Forest Verderer, and returned to the Forest after his death in 1930
North of Woodford, east of A121 High Road Woodford Green.
Buckhurst Hill and Roding Valley tube stations are a few minutes' walk.
Accessible at all times.
An easy access path runs in a loop alongside the lake in Knightons Wood.