Grid ref: TQ 735 898 (click for o/s map)
Mouse over links for pictures; click for detail page.
A fragment of old woodland within the Felmore district of Basildon. It has a woodbank near its eastern edge and some wild service trees, suggesting that it is ancient (pre-1600). It is mainly oak and coppice ash with a dense understorey of hawthorn, blackthorn, wild rose and field maple. It has a large pond. Wood anemones flower in spring. It supports woodpeckers and migrant warblers such as blackcap, whitethroat and willow warbler
Access from Burnt Mills Road.
Several bus services run close by.
Accessible at all times.