Grid ref: TL 522 183 (click for o/s map)
Mouse over links for pictures; click for detail page.
Woodside Green is an ancient common next to Wall Wood, consisting of open grassland with scattered ancient trees, now grazed by cattle. It was given to the National Trust in 1935 by Major Houblon
Turn south off the B1256 (Bishop's Stortford–Takeley) in Takely Street, about 3 miles east of M11 junction 8.
Buses run to Takeley Street from Bishop's Stortford and Braintree/Dunmow: get off at Green Man PH.
Accessible at all times.
March to see the golden mistletoe stems on the trees in the plains; May for birdsong and spring flowers; July for butterflies in the open areas and along the rides.